Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ScanStation problem
RocknRollTim Offline

ScanStation problem
Hi there,

Please could somebody help me with this problem. Basically when users come to scan batches of client documents in FileDirector ScanStation 3.0 on our scanner stations, the first batch displays blank pages in which they have to be deleted and re-scanned, the problem doesn't occur with single sheets and doesn't happen everytime i.e. no consistent pattern. The users also report that the option to delete a page after the first batch is scanned isn't available until the next load of batches are scanned afterwards. Computers that have this issue contain the following OSs, Windows XP Professional SP3, Windows 7 Professional x86 SP1 and Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1. The problem didn't used to occur when we were previously on FileDirector 2.5. Your help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

RocknRollTim
09-01-2014 10:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ECMGuru Offline
Administrator

RE: ScanStation problem
Hi RocknRollTim,

welcome to this forum!

I think this could be best handled by the Support team. Please contact the Support team and try to provide as much information as you can get.

Many thanks,
DMSGuru
09-02-2014 09:15 AM
RocknRollTim Offline

RE: ScanStation problem
Hi DMSGuru,

I'm in the process of liasing with the email support staff about the other issue I posted on this forum but haven't reported this issue to them yet, I'll let them know of this too whilst communicating with them via email, I only posted these issues on the forum to see whether anybody else has encountered these issues and whether anyone knew of any suggestions to resolve these issues. Thank you for your help and thank you for your greeting.

Many thanks,

RocknRollTim
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2014 01:14 PM by RocknRollTim.)
09-02-2014 01:23 PM
RocknRollTim Offline

Question RE: ScanStation problem
Update

I have been advised by the email support team to rename the local cache folder after checking all scanned documents under each FileDirector profile folder of each scanner machine and to test from there on.

Windows XP = C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\FileDirector to C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\FileDirector_001

Windows 7 = C:\Users\<username>\My Documents\FileDirector to C:\Users\<username>\My Documents\FileDirector_001.

Only do the above if there are no scanned documents awaiting in the user's Local Documents area. To do this you'll need to first close FileDirector WinClient, FileDirector ScanStation and possibly any Microsoft Office programs that have the OfficeLink button installed and configured.

Once you have closed all the necessary programs, navigate to one of the following locations depending on your Windows OS.

Windows XP = C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\FileDirector\<username>

Windows 7 = C:\Users\<username>\My Documents\FileDirector\<username>

Under each FileDirector profile, check to make sure there are no .cab files containing any scanned documents.

Windows XP = C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\FileDirector\<username>\<cabinet>\<revision>

Windows 7 = C:\Users\<username>\My Documents\FileDirector\<username>\<cabinet>\<revision>

Note: There can be multiple cabinets containing multiple documents so check them in as necessary under each cabinet for each user.

If there are scanned documents still present under each FileDirector profile, check the scanned documents on to the server before performing the rest of this procedure.

Once all scanned documents have been checked on to the server and that FileDirector WinClient and FileDirector ScanStation are closed, there should only be a DocManager.xml file under the user's FileDirector folder.

After you have checked each FileDirector profile folder, rename the FileDirector folder as mentioned at the beginning of this procedure and perform some more scanning using FileDirector WinClient or FileDirector ScanStation, a new FileDirector folder will be created in its when the user reopens FileDirector WinClient or FileDirector ScanStation.

Note: The local cache folder in this procedure is the default one and can be amended in the <add key localcache = ""> entry in app.xml under one of the locations below depending on the Windows OS.

32-bit versions = C:\Program Files\Dieter Spielberg Solutions\FileDirector WinClient\ or C:\Program Files\Spielberg Solutions\FileDirector WinClient\

64-bit versions = C:\Program Files\Dieter Spielberg Solutions\FileDirector WinClient\ or C:\Program Files (x86)\Spielberg Solutions\FileDirector WinClient\

Notes: This procedure can also be used to troubleshoot other issues in FileDirector WinClient and FileDirector ScanStation. ScanStation is basically a duplicate shortcut of FileDirector WinClient except it has the following switch /ScanStation in front of the filepath which is mentioned below for each Windows OS.

32-bit versions = C:\Program Files\Dieter Spielberg Solutions\FileDirector WinClient\ or C:\Program Files\Spielberg Solutions\FileDirector WinClient\WinClient.exe

64-bit versions = C:\Program Files\Dieter Spielberg Solutions\FileDirector WinClient\ or C:\Program Files (x86)\Spielberg Solutions\FileDirector WinClient\WinClient.exe

Notes: Scanned documents are stored in the Local Documents area just in case something goes wrong i.e. the connection between the server and workstation fails. Deleting the FileDirector folder can also achieve the same result as renaming it.
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2014 07:37 PM by RocknRollTim.)
09-04-2014 11:58 PM