Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Access Rights/Permission Report per user and per cabinet
eldridge Offline

Access Rights/Permission Report per user and per cabinet
Hi all

Is it possible to write a simple SQL query that can query all the access types a specific user has across all cabinets in FD? So the list of rights I know of in FD are:
1. Full Access
2. Create
3. Delete
4. Modify
5. Display
6. Download
7. Download revisions
8. Change annotations
9. Scan
10. Edit
11. Print

And then the options for these rights are Allow or Deny.

I know you can right click on any specific cabinet in Enterprise Manager and then go to the security of each user and have a look. A very tedious exercise. Then I also know you can Right Click on Cabinets in Enterprise manager and choose a user and see all the right of that user across all cabinets. This is more what I want, but in a report format and not having to scroll across the screen to see everything. The problem is that we have ALOT of cabinets and this view only shows some cabinets in the window and then you have to scroll down to see all the permissions. Is there an easy way to print this to PDF report?

I started looking at the contents of the SQL databases and in the dbo.CabRights table. If you look at the Rights Column, you have a sort of a hex string entry with a lot of 0's, 1's and 3's. I am attaching an example here. Anyway to derive a report from this perhaps?

Your input will be appreciated.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

09-15-2014 03:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply